BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Abortion...

So the other morning I was driving on Community Drive by North Shore LIJ with my friend when we spotted two older men protesting abortion. One man had on a sign with pictures of what I think was fetuses at different stages. There was also writing but I couldn't see what it said because I was driving, obviously it was something condemning abortion. Anyway, my friend Nicole said something I found interesting. She said she thought it was funny that two MEN were protesting against abortion, when they would NEVER truly understand how it could feel to be pregnant. Yes, they are men and they could get a female pregnant, but they themselves would never have to worry about being physically pregnant.

My views on abortion are conflicted: I personally would never have one because I don't think I could live with the guilt, but I don't judge females who do - I believe everything is situational. I don't know you or your life. Furthermore, I'm not God - who am I to judge you? But then again I do believe people should own up to their actions. So for me the subject of abortion is torn, but seeing those two men had me thinking about how difficult it is to debate about such a sensitive topic when you personally have never been put through it. For instance, would my stance change if I had ever been put through that situation? What about rape victims? Also, while people do have the right to be passionate about their pro-life views is yelling at women outside a hospital truly the best way to express their opinions? And also, where were the women? Why two old guys instead?

0 comments: